new PRS style gun

Aeon

just a dude who duck hunts
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Feb 16, 2011
Time for a new build. i want to start shooting the PRS matches on camp P and my big saum is just to big . its another Tube gun from
Competition machine 6mm dasher for this one. i might pull the change and make it a 6mm BRA . i have a few min to decide. Scope will be a pst i have already but john might talk me into something
so here we go
UMRS PRS model includes the following:
UMRS chassis system, titanium grey type 2 anodize finish
rear bag rider
ambi cheekpiece
AICS magwell (mags not included)
forend picatinny accessory rail OR Arca Swiss accessory rail (please specify)
Pierce Engineering custom action with black nitride finish
28" Benchmark medium palma contour barrel 7.75 twist 5 land/groove chambered in 6 Dasher (Lapua brass no turn neck)
Jewell HVR trigger with bottom safety

Last edited:
Reactions: Lungpopper
Damn, Now my brain is spinning Aeon. Maybe a 257 with a 28" barrel to help the overbore thing get full burn. Found some high b.c. (Blackjack 25) Slug's (131 grn.) Anyone have feed back on them ?

I'm doing a 1k yard match on the 31 you can still sign up

Bullet choice right now I'm thinking will be the Bart 105hammers.

He makes the umrs and the rtm chassis in long action, standard and mag bolts.

My other gun is the rtm

dasher brass showed up
20190908_155126.jpg

not relevant to anything but interesting here is the lil dasher case next to the mighty saum
20190908_155344.jpg

Reactions: NBK
105gr at 2950fps

here is a better comp.
BR the parent to the dasher next to a 308. all have the same diameter
6mm_BR.jpg

Larry got the dasher done!

Great cartridge. Looking forward to seeing its accuracy capabilities.

Not sure on the weight, barrel is a med palma contour. Will be a lot lot lighter.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu