New rifle and scope. All done..

Wildgame

Feb 11, 2019
So I got it all here right before hunting season and I could not be happier. Total weight 7lbs.

Here is the full set up. I will be sighting the rifle Sunday.

Big thanks to "Ammo Brothers" from Miramar road in San Diego. Those guys have a wide variety of Scopes, ammo, and firearms. They are properly staff to serve walk-ins no problems, although I walked in a few times on weekdays but no appointment was necessary. They know their stuff. I was even walked outside to test several scopes.

I ordered the rifle from here " https://grabagun.com/ " Fast delivery to local dealer..."North County Shooting Center" $100 transfer fee, easy and quick. 10 days later (not 12, not 15) and I got my rifle.
Leupold Rings from Amazon always fast delivery and no cost with Prime.

Thanks to my buddy Dave who has everything you need for anything, from working on a car or a motorcycle to shooting to mounting the scope the right way.
0828201456a.jpg
Rifle $800 and change.
Scope Leupold VX-R with CDS and Firedot 4-12x40 30mm tube $600. I really love the clarity and the firedot.
Limbsaver Sling $35 I think.
Aluminum Leupold Rings $85
Ammo (Different prices)

This full set a little over $1500...0828201454a.jpg0828201455.jpg

Do your research, ask for help, make an educated decision, and move forward. There are online resources and several local shops to visit.

Great setup!
I used a .243 (left it on the E. Coast for tree stand hunting) and now have a 30-06. I think the 6.5 is the perfect round. Supposedly, it’s recoil is closer to 6mm (which makes for an accurate shot) and yet it has solid killing power down range at 300+ yards)

Reactions: ilovesprig
Fine fire arms would have been my first choice...but thats me..now the easy part..kill a mammal with it!! Get some!! Exciting times ahead.

Reactions: JakeSCH and TRICER
Thanks. I Think the 6.5 Cr will be great for local hunts. Hopefully for out of state too.
I really wanted a light set up. Because I am still getting to know the zones I cover a lot of ground and I try not to bring too much.
People say you have to spend a lot of money in a scope..I am about to find out if that is true, or you can hunt efficiently with a middle range good brand scope.

Im not sure....but for the south folk I would think I would check in with them to see what they could do...nothing to get...but a Deer...Good luck dude. I like Leupold ..they work very well..post him when you get him!

Reactions: Wildgame
Price is not everthing knowledge and combining the proper components is the most important factor. Do your homework and you will know through interaction what is best for you..
I gave them a try and didn't work out for me. I did my homework, and I learned what's best for me thank you very much. Absolutely price is not everything.

Last edited:
i am not doing a 6.5 meme.........

nice rig :)

Reactions: TRICER

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu