New to Bakersfield

chayito661

Nov 29, 2012
Bakersfield, CA
Hello fellow hunters. My name is Frank and i just moved in to town a few months ago. I grew up in a hunting family which my dad took me out on my first hunting experience when i was 13. I have hunted ever since. Ive hunted deer, bear, quail and wild pigs back when i used to live in Los Angeles. I wanted to know if anyone knows or has any good public land to hunt. I would really appreciate any information as where i could hunt for quail and wild pigs. Hope to hear good news!

Try and check out Glenville, I'm not sure on public cause we have a friend that owns a ranch over there. But lots of pigs, it's not too far from Bakersfield. I live in taft about 30 minutes from Bakersfield, the quail around here get pretty torn up by now, so the birds are pretty shy, and don't like to stick. Goodluck though :)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu