new to hunting

jorgeumana

Dec 11, 2012
First of all, thanks a lot for accepting my request of been part of southern california hunting. I have a little more time available for me so i decided to investigate about hunting, that is something always wanted to do, so i bought a american ruger 30-06 thinking in going hunting with a friend of mine, i took the class, i bought the hunting license and a deer tag, everything is ready, ooops my friend does bow hunting and i live close to azusa mountains and glendora, now the rifle season is over i went only once with my friend and he took me to a trail up by crystal lake, i did not see anything, i really would like to try with a rifle so i will wait next year maybe ai find rifle hunting areas, thank you all

coyote hunting sounds good, i have been going just to walk and learning the animal tracks, i have a long way to go, but i have start somewhere, iam trying to find a rifle area and go there until i know the terrain for next year, any input would be appreciated, thanks a lot

Welcome to the site Jorge, I am also new here but not to hunting and fishing.. I hunt the low desert over here in the imperial valley and its a bit different than hunting forest/mountain areas... Hang around, read old post and listen to these guys they know what they are doing.. I've learned lots by trial and error... Remember safety comes first and always know what your shooting at and where your bullet will end up if you miss your target..
Rick

Sounds like your heading in the right direction. Change it up a little, like pick different times of the day to spend your time out there. get out before it gets light and see how the animals act when they first start there day,and next time sneak out right before dark.Those are kinda the 2 magic times. but the wild life does different things at diff times.Before you know it you will start seeing patterns and the same animals will be showing up in familiar places.Stealth and grace are the key, the better you get the more will see. there is a whole nother world out there, and there is magic in that world. It will heal you, but be careful it will make you sick. Most of the guys here are sick, and there is no hope for them. :)

Welcome to SCH Jorgeumana. You have already been given a wealth of knowledge. Become involved with the SCH crew and get out in the wild and spend the time. 90% of hunting success is just being out there. And remember, You can't kill game sitting in your living room watching TV!

Thanks everyone for the friendly reply, iam planning to learn a lot on this site, iam going for scouting again tomorrow but iam been asking about rifle area in azusa canyon and no one seems to know,or they don't want to say, in any case iam enjoying this new phase of my life, so i have a year ahead of to learn, thanks a lot

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu