New Wilderness Areas bill

Dwikkles

May 21, 2012
San Diego
For the public land hunter in SoCal/CentralCal this could ensure some prime hunting and fishing wilderness areas for years to come it appears.

http://lpfw.org/wilderness-bill-announced/

http://lpfw.org/our-work/promoting-wilderness/

I'm a little suspicious of this. Lois Capps is a liberal who bumps shoulders with the likes of Barbara Boxer and Diane Feinstein. I highly doubt she has the hunters in mind. If anything I see a lot of wording about plants and animals she is looking to protect and the implementation of "scenic" areas.

The Forestry Service isn't supporting this bill. That may be because it would prevent commercial use?

I hope there aren't alterior motives....

Breacher said:
I'm a little suspicious of this. Lois Capps is a liberal who bumps shoulders with the likes of Barbara Boxer and Diane Feinstein. I highly doubt she has the hunters in mind. If anything I see a lot of wording about plants and animals she is looking to protect and the implementation of "scenic" areas.

The Forestry Service isn't supporting this bill. That may be because it would prevent commercial use?

I hope there aren't alterior motives....

Yes I was thinking the exact same thing while reading it. I agree its got me sketched out and there's definitely no way they are doing this in any way to benefit hunters. But that said, typically designating a "Wilderness" area should mean its wide open to hunting and fishing. I dont like so much use of the word "scenic" either.

We all need to keep a close eye on this and report any updates here so we can all fight if the need arises. I dont trust any of these libturds far as I can spit them.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu