Newbie here

Welcome to SCH. There are several members who are avid bow hunters who hang out here. You can share your experiences with them and maybe learn a few things or teach a few things. These days I mostly stick to upland bird hunting and Ocean fishing. I do make a annual trip to Wisconsin for Ruffed grouse and try to get in a white tail hunt while there. Again, welcome, GUNDOGLOVER

Welcome to SCH...Not many Texian's on here, but look forward to hearing your stories from a RED state.

As a Texan, what was the interest in SCH? Do you happen to hunt out here sometimes?

Welcome. I had a good friend who lived in the Hill Country and had hunting property in Junction.. never got to make it out there before he sold it off and moved. Dangit.

Tell us what it's like being in a hunter and gun friendly state..

Thanks all; I do appreciate you're warm welcomes. I do pistol hunt quite a bit now, I've really got into pig hunting. I use my Ruger Super Redhawk 44 mag with a 9 inch barrel and ultra red dot. I've used it on whitetail as well however; as you may know we have a serious pig problem in Texas plus, they are deeeeelicious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all; I do appreciate you're warm welcomes. I do pistol hunt quite a bit now, I've really got into pig hunting. I use my Ruger Super Redhawk 44 mag with a 9 inch barrel and ultra red dot. I've used it on whitetail as well however; as you may know we have a serious pig problem in Texas plus, they are deeeeelicious.
[/QUOTE

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I "m always impressed when we get a out of state sportsman join the site ! We sportsman need to communicate from state to state .

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu