Newbie introduction

BamaDJ

Feb 19, 2014
Chula Vista
Hello all, I am a newbie to this forum and a newbie to SoCal hunting also. Originally from Alabama, I am used to walking out my back door to hunt deer, turkey, squirrel, rabbit, dove,... As a Marine, I would visit Alabama every year to get my hunting fix. Now that I have settled in San Diego, I am ready to get involved in the local community and learn how to hunt out here. Any advice is greatly appreciated. The guys at Fine Firearms suggested this forum and I can't thank them enough. I will be keeping up and learning all I can.

Happy Huntin Y'all!

Welcome to the site BamaDJ. Thank you for your service for our country. Start with getting some maps to see where you can and can't shoot/hunt. Gotta get out and scout, scout, scout. Lot of land in SD county away from the coast that's great hunting. Explore around on the site and you'll find some very useful information. Happy hunting.

Welcome to the form. If you are stationed on Camp Pendelton or close to it check out the Sportsman club.

http://www.sportsmansclub.net/

Hit the game wardens tab for rules and regs.

PM me if you want more info.

Good Luck!!

Matt

Thank you Gents, I just received my BLM maps and am currently studying them. I got some good advice on areas to look at from other SCH members and I'm looking forward to looking for "Ole Tom" in a few more weeks.

See y'all in the woods!

Welcome to the SCH website BamaDJ. And thank you for your service to our country!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu