Newbile here

CNCist

Mar 4, 2019
well im new here, I just bought a Tikka t3x in 7mm rem. Ive been browsing around a bit and found some good information pretty quickly.

Looking to get a buck, not a spike when season opens. Put in application for turkey in Boden Canyon, so time to start practicing with the bow again.

Im looking to hunt anything that is legal in SoCal, and bring my kids along with me. I have a .22, 12 gage, and the Tikka to use.

I hope that covers the basics.

CNC,

Welcome to SCH....You may want to read the hunting regulations really well, both upland & big game.

ps....There's an application for hunting Boden Cyn?

Reactions: TRICER
CNC,

Welcome to SCH....You may want to read the hunting regulations really well, both upland & big game.

ps....There's an application for hunting Boden Cyn?
I have been reading them up and down and even looking where in san bernadino is ok to discharge a firearm. Doesn't look good for rifles though. There is a SHARE hunt app, only 5 left as of yesterday night.

I have been reading them up and down and even looking where in san bernadino is ok to discharge a firearm. Doesn't look good for rifles though. There is a SHARE hunt app, only 5 left as of yesterday night.

Completely forgot about that SHARE hunt....Best of luck....Should be good in there this year.

Reactions: CNCist
Welcome to the site. With those three guns you can hunt anything and everything this country has to offer.
Also just so you are clear you cannot shoot spikes in CA. The only time you can shoot a spike is if you have an antlerless tag and the spikes are less than 3”. As long as the deer has a branch on one side at least 2/3 up he is legal.

Welcome. Check out the Imperial Valley to your east. Dove hunting capital of the region and also good for quail, rabbits and predators.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu