Nice Review about Ruger American

The Ruger engineering design and manufacturing teams out-did themselves with the American line of rifles. Both the centerfire and the rimfire guns are outstanding.

Remington and Savage sales will certainly feel the pain inflicted by these reasonably priced USA made rifles...

Not to mention that there combo package comes with an American made Redfield scope (Leupold). It is a no brainer for folks wanting a lifetime rig on a beer budget.

NBK said:
The Ruger engineering design and manufacturing teams out-did themselves with the American line of rifles. Both the centerfire and the rimfire guns are outstanding.

Remington and Savage sales will certainly feel the pain inflicted by these reasonably priced USA made rifles...

Not to mention that there combo package comes with and American made Redfield scope (Leupold). It is a no brainer for folks wanting a lifetime rig on a beer budget.

NBK

That's for sure.

Ghost

Love my Ruger American! Would highly recommend for anyone purchasing on a "budget".

I was looking at the Ruger American for my daughter since she just got her license. After doing a very brief look at some reviews I read how the stock is horrible and that it flexes so much to the point it touches the barrel when resting on something... I've never held one in person, but I'd be curious for those that own one if this is a true statement.

unleaded slinger said:
I was looking at the Ruger American for my daughter since she just got her license. After doing a very brief look at some reviews I read how the stock is horrible and that it flexes so much to the point it touches the barrel when resting on something... I've never held one in person, but I'd be curious for those that own one if this is a true statement.

No way. but I own a savage with the synthetic stock. which is very close to the same as the Ruger. I would be surprised if that is true. Go to the shop and try one out. that's the best way. I just purchased a ruger american 22 LR it appeared very well made.
especially for the cost. I mean it's a low budget rifle. so you get what you pay for. but I am happy with the products.
but easy to please. :)

Ghost

The Ruger American is pillar bedded into the "horrible" stock. A technique employed on much more expensive guns. These guns also have a fully adjustable trigger.

Pretty darn nice rigs for under $400!

Attachments

• rugeramericanbed.jpg
    rugeramericanbed.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 46
Ghost said:
unleaded slinger said:

No way. but I own a savage with the synthetic stock. which is very close to the same as the Ruger. I would be surprised if that is true. Go to the shop and try one out. that's the best way. I just purchased a ruger american 22 LR it appeared very well made.
especially for the cost. I mean it's a low budget rifle. so you get what you pay for. but I am happy with the products.

Ghost

Does your Savage have the AccuStock? If so, it may be much stiffer than the Ruger. Ive got the Savage 111 XP without the accustock and it's very flimsy. Shooting from a bipod pushes the stock right up against the barrel.

As far as getting what you pay for, I would say that this is one of the rare occasions that you get much more than you pay for with a Ruger American. The stock is pillar bedded, which is nice, but will do nothing to prevent the stock from contacting the barrel. Even so, I'll be picking one up as soon as my wife looks the other way.

B W E said:
Ghost said:
unleaded slinger said:

Ghost

Does your Savage have the AccuStock? If so, it may be much stiffer than the Ruger. Ive got the Savage 111 XP without the accustock and it's very flimsy. Shooting from a bipod pushes the stock right up against the barrel.

As far as getting what you pay for, I would say that this is one of the rare occasions that you get much more than you pay for with a Ruger American. The stock is pillar bedded, which is nice, but will do nothing to prevent the stock from contacting the barrel. Even so, I'll be picking one up as soon as my wife looks the other way.

hahahaha My wife said quote unquote "do you want to go to Turners". & I said sure.
Before she realized it, I purchased a 22 LR Ruger American Hahahaha. sneak that one in.
I will be picking it up Sunday hopefully.

Ghost

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu