No more predator hunting contests

Hey Josh what was that blonde chicks name from the meeting

I'm going to break her heart

lol nothing a fine date then straight rejection for revenge

well thats strange. next step is to make a tag system and maybe a limit. awwwwwww run.....

how did Curtis Wright get his pict to them anyway? It always the marines that get there pict in the paper...

I use his hand made calls. they work pretty well.

Sdbirds said:
Hey Josh what was that blonde chicks name from the meeting

I'm going to break her heart

lol nothing a fine date then straight rejection for revenge

Jennifer Ferring

The F&W bio said yotes are not endangered and maybe on an up swing.....let's hope that holds then this tag issue should be mute

Bobcats are next first trapping then hunting......fuckers never stop go save some damn kids they need it more!

If you follow the Fish and Game Commission then you would see that they have said this law is in place and has been in place for years. The issue was that is wasn't something easily defined or understood. So they have now defining it so we can completely understand it.

Predator hunting is legal, contest hunting is legal. BUT and I say BUTTTTT

You can't win anything. Hunting contests for inducements is not allowed. So a ribbon, trophy or 5 bucks isn't allowed. If you wanted to go out hunting with a friend and the person that has the most success buys lunch. Nope illegal.

Anyone that is involved with enforcement of the law would know that this is also in the eye of the warden. I see this being hard to enforce unless you are holding an event.

It is illegal to run a red light but people do it all of the time without being caught. So the laws are in place to be upheld by us ethical hunters.

that is why the SCH contest requires you to GIVE something..... its the only contest i know of where you owe the contest if you win!

I hate to say it, but you can mostly blame it on our selves and technology. We have given the antis a way to monitor every thing we hunters are doing. Mostly because we like to take pics and brag about every thing we kill. I my self am guilty of giving too much info and jeopardizing a buddies success. Legal or not we are doing it to our selves. Now, are the antis dishonest and liars? Absolutely! Along with few dirty agents. 25 years ago they were just trying save a few trees, and you didn't have to worry about mistakenly forgetting to dot an I or cross a T on your deer tag. You would get an stern warning. But now the antis are in charge of training the new order of Fish Cops, and I bet if you could track every dollar you spend you would be surprised how often you are funding the whole crooked mess. Just my opinion, and maybe something to think about.

Invisible man said:
I hate to say it, but you can mostly blame it on our selves and technology. We have given the antis a way to monitor every thing we hunters are doing. Mostly because we like to take pics and brag about every thing we kill. I my self am guilty of giving too much info and jeopardizing a buddies success. Legal or not we are doing it to our selves. Now, are the antis dishonest and liars? Absolutely! Along with few dirty agents. 25 years ago they were just trying save a few trees, and you didn't have to worry about mistakenly forgetting to dot an I or cross a T on your deer tag. You would get an stern warning. But now the antis are in charge of training the new order of Fish Cops, and I bet if you could track every dollar you spend you would be surprised how often you are funding the whole crooked mess. Just my opinion, and maybe something to think about.

I would agree 100%. I have done a lot of learning over the last 2 years and I would agree we (me included) haven't helped our cause. As many people know I follow a lot of information when it comes to this coyotes issues. Yesterday I was on a private Facebook group (I have access to) snooping around and long behold they are also following the coyote issues in the state. Next thing I find is a link to a post I put on this website back in 2014 talking about the coyote issues with the Commission. Thankfully it wasn't negative but it just shows that people that don't even hunt are watching us. This group appreciated the view we were giving but I know other don't.

I have been too to many meetings and seen our horrific pictures up on display from the anti's. This is why I feel we need to educate our own and learn to take tasteful pictures. Some may think I am crazy but this wasn't a problem was back in the day (before I was Born :) ). The hunting pictures were in albums and only shown to friends and family. Now they are on our phones and instantly on the internet for every anti to grab and use as they choose.

I truly see no reason to post graphic pictures that show animals blown apart. It truly has ruined the way I feel we are perceived as hunter. Those graphic pictures are used by the anti's and are shown at state meetings. They used them as displays that show we are not hunters but instead killer. This is how they describe us to the people that make our regulations. Some of these people are hunters and all they do is shake their heads in disbelief that those pictures are even shown or shared by us.

I haven't gone mad I have just really seen the damage it has done. I love remembering my hunts with pictures to show. But now I do my best to show my hunts in a way that doesn't display a brutal imagine. Even though I know the anti's don't like the hunt period.

Just my 2 cents

I'm on ther other side of the fence......stand up for what you belive in just like they do and don't back down but I don't try to show graphic shots or act like Curtis PCH when it comes to hunting.

I would rather blow the yotes head off than have to send the dogs in to finish him off......neither very pretty but a quick kill is just a little better in my book.

Just remember you'll never sway the crazy people on either side they both want to be heard pounding their chest

wheels said:
Invisible man said:

I would agree 100%. I have done a lot of learning over the last 2 years and I would agree we (me included) haven't helped our cause. As many people know I follow a lot of information when it comes to this coyotes issues. Yesterday I was on a private Facebook group (I have access to) snooping around and long behold they are also following the coyote issues in the state. Next thing I find is a link to a post I put on this website back in 2014 talking about the coyote issues with the Commission. Thankfully it wasn't negative but it just shows that people that don't even hunt are watching us. This group appreciated the view we were giving but I know other don't.

I have been too to many meetings and seen our horrific pictures up on display from the anti's. This is why I feel we need to educate our own and learn to take tasteful pictures. Some may think I am crazy but this wasn't a problem was back in the day (before I was Born :) ). The hunting pictures were in albums and only shown to friends and family. Now they are on our phones and instantly on the internet for every anti to grab and use as they choose.

I truly see no reason to post graphic pictures that show animals blown apart. It truly has ruined the way I feel we are perceived as hunter. Those graphic pictures are used by the anti's and are shown at state meetings. They used them as displays that show we are not hunters but instead killer. This is how they describe us to the people that make our regulations. Some of these people are hunters and all they do is shake their heads in disbelief that those pictures are even shown or shared by us.

I haven't gone mad I have just really seen the damage it has done. I love remembering my hunts with pictures to show. But now I do my best to show my hunts in a way that doesn't display a brutal imagine. Even though I know the anti's don't like the hunt period.

Just my 2 cents

I'm sure there will be those that feel like we are "farting on their french fries" but we are just telling it like it is.

It's so True! There IS a right way of doing it but The improper way that social media is used by so many by posting up information that gives out spots or gruesome pictures that anti's can use against us to further restrict our freedoms, is only hurting ourselves by not first thinking about the possible consequences of doing so & is a huge factor in destroying what we fight to protect & preserve.
Consider this,
If you post a picture on the internet with visual landmarks or label it where you are, or even pics of yourself & your vehicle, expect your special spots to not be so special anymore...! I have recently considered hunting 3 new locations near me just from a week of reading threads on here. Places that I have been B4 but since then forgotten. Guess what? Now there's potentially added pressure to your hunting spot because you named a specific area of a mt. & showed a landmark in the pic. I don't want to discourage anyone from posting pics or helpful information but proceed with caution knowing that the enjoyment of having these places is at jeopardy!
I'l lend a helping hand by pointing someone in the right direction & only talk about a place if they mention it first & I will only give information on how to find the animals that they pursue in that area & let them do the hunting for themselves.
I don't post any pics of my harvested animals. I keep it old school.
I just posted a few pics of some fish that I caught for proof that a specific lure works & 1 of them was a dead striper, (the rest were released) but that's about the extent of me posting something that I harvested.
I don't really support social media but I figure I would give it a try on here with those who share the same lifestyle & goals in life.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu