No public land in San Diego?

I have to work July 1st. Ill be putting on the Fireworks Show for City of Corona. So by time I get out for cotton tails they'll all be in hiding.

I have some recipes that require hare though. And Jack rabbit is the closest thing. Gotta try it atleast once.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Lots of rabbits this year for sure. It is definitely noticeable how many more there are. And yes tons of juveniles. If you could hunt steel canyon golf course you would limit in minutes right now

Pyrotek don't worry rabbits are not nearly as pressure sensitive as deer and other game. Not to mention only a few of us hunt junkies are out getting them in July so they don't get a lot of pressure. Rabbits are a fun way to get out inbeteeen turkey and fall. You will bag some cottontails. Sunrise and sunset are your best times like anything. Shotgun to the nose is my round of choice for bunnies. 22 is a close second depending on the terrain. 17HMR wacks them real good I just don't own one yet.

How did this thread come to this lol.

Lots of rabbits this year for sure. It is definitely noticeable how many more there are. And yes tons of juveniles. If you could hunt steel canyon golf course you would limit in minutes right now

Pyrotek don't worry rabbits are not nearly as pressure sensitive as deer and other game. Not to mention only a few of us hunt junkies are out getting them in July so they don't get a lot of pressure. Rabbits are a fun way to get out inbeteeen turkey and fall. You will bag some cottontails. Sunrise and sunset are your best times like anything. Shotgun to the nose is my round of choice for bunnies. 22 is a close second depending on the terrain. 17HMR wacks them real good I just don't own one yet.

How did this thread come to this lol.
Lol I think that was my fault when I mentioned someone had better luck with the DFW than I did.

By the way in your OP you mentioned lack of access to CNF? How so? I have plenty of access up into D15 CNF.

D15 is sadly where I may end up trying most my first hunting since it is closest to me.

The post was focused on D16. Down here there might be a huge chunk of Puble but only one or two access points. A majority of public land in D16 appears to be landlocked but if you try hard enough you can always find a way in.

I see. The cut off is the 15 and 76. I hadnt looked that far south. I see a trail off the 79 into the Agua Tibia wilderness.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu