No rut and no bucks

Jeff McCabe

Public Land - DIY
Feb 8, 2011
Orange County
I went out Saturday am where I got the big guy last year and saw 10 doe and to Mt Baldy (LA mountains) on Sunday am and only saw 11 doe. I Have not seen any sing of the rut up here yet . I still think its to hot ? I'm going out wednesday in the am. I let ya all know how it goes. Good luck guys

I hunted 2 different areas this weekend and in one area bucks were chasing and in the other nothing! The area they were chasing is at lower elevation and much warmer then the other.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu