Nobody wanted her Poonanny :(

TheGDog

Nov 28, 2018
XX
I've got this weekend and next and that's it. Went out there Sunday night directly after a Halloween party, so no sleep. Hiked in and was settled at 4am.

As light starts in I'm busy gridding several fingers... and that's when "she" came in... and we spent the afternoon together.

First there was the rush when your eyes detect a deer. Then I was committing her size and shape to visual memory to help me better spot others should they appear.

Like 8:30a it got all windy and fairly cold. She tucks in behind a bush.

With this wind (coming from her, to me) I'm thinking being later in the season, for sure some buck should smell her HooHaa and ramble in to investigate.
Sadly, no takers. (270yds) Pics= Vortex Vulture 15x56 w/ Samsung Galaxy 10e handheld up to Binos.
20191027_103140.jpg

Attachments

• 20191027_110046.jpg
    20191027_110046.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 20191027_121726.jpg
    20191027_121726.jpg
    447.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 20191027_122009.jpg
    20191027_122009.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
In the long run persistence always pays off . Sounds like your putting the time in !

She's waiting for the super Buck to make his appearance
She certainly was in her prime. She did have a nice meaty ass. HA!

At least now I know where her "hidey-hole" spot is. No doubt others use it too.

Larry, in your zone can you guy’s hunt doe?

Larry, in your zone can you guy’s hunt doe?
Hrmm... I don't *think* there is an either-sex tag for D15. Honestly I don't know. But since the numbers are so low, I dunno if I would anyway even if I could. We need all the baby-makers we can get in there. And heck, what we *need* is to be able to take out MtnLions. But fat chance of that.

In the long run persistence always pays off . Sounds like your putting the time in !

Man you ain't lyin'. Both Bow and General season. Took a week off with PTO during both too so I could hit it a bunch. Then weekends after that.

Unfortunately I have to play a patience game. I'm solo, and got a few years and some injuries on me. So I have to pick what logic tells me are decent spots and sit in concealment and either wait or wait and glass depending on the terrain.

For this next weekend I'm thinking I'll try back at my goto spot. Since the last day I'll have to try is 11-2... and I got my first buck out there on 11-1... I'm thinking it's a good Omen. Besides I could always use the exercise of that other spot with the 5mi hike-in.

This winter I'll be going in there a bit again until end of Feb trying to get another bobcat to come to the decoy. Hoping I can replicate last year. I'd gotten one to within 10 yds of me but I didn't know it til I decided to get up and stretch my legs after 45 on the caller, and he was behind a small bush when I raised to my feet. If I had some other kind of rifle or shotgun I probably could have just wall hacked him thru that bush. But I had the .17 HMR so as not to invoke a buncha pelt damage, and to be able to shoot longer distances if necessary. I tried to be stealth and turn about slowly so I could point at him (when I stood up he was 90 degrees to my far right), but eventually he caught my wind and managed to evade. They are smart little suckers on the evading too. He made sure he had a taller bush/tree in-between he and I before he started to regress to the thick.

And I've personally laid eyes on Coyote in there now. So Papa's got to get in their and regulate on that situation, because I've also seen their baby coyotes on TrailCam, and we can't have that now, can we.

Man you ain't lyin'. Both Bow and General season. Took a week off with PTO during both too so I could hit it a bunch. Then weekends after that.

Unfortunately I have to play a patience game. I'm solo, and got a few years and some injuries on me. So I have to pick what logic tells me are decent spots and sit in concealment and either wait or wait and glass depending on the terrain.

For this next weekend I'm thinking I'll try back at my goto spot. Since the last day I'll have to try is 11-2... and I got my first buck out there on 11-1... I'm thinking it's a good Omen. Besides I could always use the exercise of that other spot with the 5mi hike-in.

This winter I'll be going in there a bit again until end of Feb trying to get another bobcat to come to the decoy. Hoping I can replicate last year. I'd gotten one to within 10 yds of me but I didn't know it til I decided to get up and stretch my legs after 45 on the caller, and he was behind a small bush when I raised to my feet. If I had some other kind of rifle or shotgun I probably could have just wall hacked him thru that bush. But I had the .17 HMR so as not to invoke a buncha pelt damage, and to be able to shoot longer distances if necessary. I tried to be stealth and turn about slowly so I could point at him (when I stood up he was 90 degrees to my far right), but eventually he caught my wind and managed to evade. They are smart little suckers on the evading too. He made sure he had a taller bush/tree in-between he and I before he started to regress to the thick.

And I've personally laid eyes on Coyote in there now. So Papa's got to get in their and regulate on that situation, because I've also seen their baby coyotes on TrailCam, and we can't have that now, can we.

Bobcat is done after 12/31....CA banned bobcat trapping and hunting. Starts Jan 1st 2020.

Bobcat is done after 12/31....CA banned bobcat trapping and hunting. Starts Jan 1st 2020.
Seriously?? Aw man...fack! I would have thought being a prior tag holder you'd be entitled to all that comes with, and that they'd simply disallow any new tags to be acquired. Good looking out and thank you for stating that. Psssh... can't even keep up with these evil bastards.

This creates quite the conundrum, do I try to work on the Bear tag... or do I pursue the Bobcat Tag, since both will terminate end of year. Soo not cool.

You probably should edit your post where you say you're gonna poach a bobcat... F&G has better things to do... Ed F
I will kindly ask you to refrain from making false and slanderous statements oh keeper of the fucktardedness.

This winter I'll be going in there a bit again until end of Feb trying to get another bobcat to come to the decoy. Hoping I can replicate last year.

I will kindly decline your request... This right here is against the law. Ed F

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu