Noob Skunked Again!!!!!

ChefRob13

Aug 19, 2014
Went out to this canyon near Joshua Tree Monday morning, it was freakin beautiful out there!! Even though I didn't bag anything it was great to get out and get some boots on the ground. I started at about 8:00am. I think I will go out earlier next week. I saw lots of Rabbit and Coyote tracks. And a big hairy coyote poop and tons of Rabbit scat. I'm 0 for 6 now. Have yet to get a kill but am having tons of fun hiking around with my gun.

That's what it's really all about. Getting out in beautiful country. Breathing clean air and learning. I love Joshua tree. I spent 2-3 weekends a month there as a kid and teenager climbing and guiding. It is a place dear to my heart.

Keep at it the animals will come.

Went out to the same area early this morning at first light. Found so much more rabbit poop and another hairy coyote dookie. I also found a big turtle shell. It was on its back and something had eaten most of the legs and head. But no jacks or yotes. Which was interesting for the amount of rabbit poop I saw. I'll bring a rifle next time with a decoy and caller and try for the yotes instead of hiking around with my 12 g.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 34

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu