Notice of Proposed Rulemaking: Declaration of Importation of Fish and Wildlife Form (DFW 901)

The form requires the public to:
1. Identify themselves by name, address, telephone. 2. Provide proof of identity with any legal identification, driver’s license, ID card, etc.
3. Identify the vehicle license number in which the animal(s) are imported into California.
4. Provide the proof of legal take with the required out of state hunting, fishing licenses or tags.
5. Provide proof that the take is legal to possess in California by specifying the type, number or parts of animals to brought into the state in conformance with state law.
6. Certify that the declaration is true and correct and that the fish or wildlife described are legally possessed/imported by the undersigned.
7. Instructions to send copies of the completed form to the Department.

3, 5 & 6?

The form requires the public to:
1. Identify themselves by name, address, telephone. 2. Provide proof of identity with any legal identification, driver’s license, ID card, etc.
3. Identify the vehicle license number in which the animal(s) are imported into California.
4. Provide the proof of legal take with the required out of state hunting, fishing licenses or tags.
5. Provide proof that the take is legal to possess in California by specifying the type, number or parts of animals to brought into the state in conformance with state law.
6. Certify that the declaration is true and correct and that the fish or wildlife described are legally possessed/imported by the undersigned.
7. Instructions to send copies of the completed form to the Department.

3, 5 & 6?
I filled out a form claiming deer meat when coming back from KS a couple of years back, the guy at the check said to take it in the office. I handed the form to the person behind the counter and they just walked away, I had to ask for a copy or prof of document for my copy. I asked what they did with the declarations and they said that they gave them to the F&G people if they collected them, or just threw them away. Coming back from Mexico you had to fill out a declaration slip with proof of time spent down there before you could bring game across, good old days, 25 ducks per day, 25 dove and 15 Quail, 3 limits of each

MX is a fed form unless it's changed in the last few years & limits was nothing like that.
In the states never told anyone so I guess I was breaking the law......

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu