NWTF BANQUET

MAG 1

Sep 1, 2016
The banquet date is set for May 19 2018. Please plan to attend to help support the SAN DIEGO CHAPTER.
More information will be provided as we get closer, but for now,SAVE THE DATE.

Reactions: DoubleTrouble
Here's a little more info.....It's a great night to take the wife out.....Really a fun time and supports a great cause.

.003.JPG

I am interested to what goes on at the NWTF (5/19) and RMEF (5/12) Banquets. This may sound bad, but I am trying to figure out if it is worth my time. I've never gone before and it would be nice to know what the basic outline / overview of the Banquet is like.

Thank you!
Jake

Good food, good people, silent auction, raffle prizes, 16 gun give away's,pig hunt,out of state turkey and a great time. NWTF

Reactions: JakeSCH
I am interested to what goes on at the NWTF (5/19) and RMEF (5/12) Banquets. This may sound bad, but I am trying to figure out if it is worth my time. I've never gone before and it would be nice to know what the basic outline / overview of the Banquet is like.

Thank you!
Jake

Jake,

I know little about RMEF and what they do for us SoCal's (& I'm a member), but I can tell you that the San Diego NWTF chapter does a lot....Youth hunts, Spring Turkey Tune-Up, summer JAKES event, Women in the Outdoors event, feeding vets turkey for Christmas, and gifts for children are just some of what we provide.....We also have monthly meetings where newbies can come and talk about hunting & fishing locally.

Worth it?.....I think so.

Jake,

I know little about RMEF and what they do for us SoCal's (& I'm a member), but I can tell you that the San Diego NWTF chapter does a lot....Youth hunts, Spring Turkey Tune-Up, summer JAKES event, Women in the Outdoors event, feeding vets turkey for Christmas, and gifts for children are just some of what we provide.....We also have monthly meetings where newbies can come and talk about hunting & fishing locally.

Worth it?.....I think so.

I apologize how that came across but when I first saw banquet flier above I was imaging something along the lines of high school dance / my work Christmas banquet as I had no idea what the banquet entailed. After @MAG 1 reply I started digging around online and found the full brochure.

I am 100% behind what you guys are doing at San Diego NWTF and seeing what you did for the Youth Hunt is the reason why I joined NWTF. I live in Poway and have been trying to make it to your monthly meetings but I have a weekly Tuesday phone conference at 6:30 pm.

Here is the full brochure for others who may be interested:
http://www.sandiegoturkey.com/2018-banquet/

I have a couple of questions:
Does my wife need to be a NWTF to attend?
What percentages proceeds from the Banquet stay local?

I apologize how that came across but when I first saw banquet flier above I was imaging something along the lines of high school dance / my work Christmas banquet as I had no idea what the banquet entailed. After @MAG 1 reply I started digging around online and found the full brochure.

I am 100% behind what you guys are doing at San Diego NWTF and seeing what you did for the Youth Hunt is the reason why I joined NWTF. I live in Poway and have been trying to make it to your monthly meetings but I have a weekly Tuesday phone conference at 6:30 pm.

Here is the full brochure for others who may be interested:
http://www.sandiegoturkey.com/2018-banquet/

I have a couple of questions:
Does my wife need to be a NWTF to attend?
What percentages proceeds from the Banquet stay local?

Nobody has to be a member to attend the banquet....A couple's dinner ticket includes 1 membership....If you would like your wife to become a member, then you would put her on the dinner ticket....If not, your membership is increased by 1 year.

About 10% of the banquet money stays with our chapter.....As a chapter, we are required by national to have a banquet.....Our chapter is allowed to keep proceeds from the Spring Turkey Tune-Up.....And that's where most our chapter money comes from for our events.....Remember too, our events are insured by NWTF.....Very costly, if we didn't have them.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu