NWTF J.A.K.E.S Event 2019

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Hi all,

Well, it's getting to be that time a year again...NWTF is putting the 10th annual J.A.K.E.S event at Escondido Fish & Game Assoc., June 22nd....I start taking calls for sign-up....JUNE 1st after 6:00 am (760-803-4868)....This is the only way to get on board....It's the first 105 kids that register....Ages are from 6-16....Last year, we were filled up in one day.

The event includes, tomahawk throw, archery, black powder shooting, .22 rifle shooting, shotgun shooting, BB gun, and turkey calling....We provide hear & eye protection, but if your have your own....Please bring it....All shells and archery equipment are provided by NWTF....Safety and ethics are heavily emphasized.

The registration starts at 8:00 am….The event itself starts at 9:00 am (sharp)....After each group has completed the 7 stations....We give certificates of completion....Then lunch....Normally over by about 12:00.

All kids are FREE and adults are $10.00....This includes t-shirts, drinks, and lunch for all kids....The $10.00 includes drinks & lunch for all adults....Food is all provided by the Alabama Street Athletic Club of San Diego.

This is a great place & event to introduce kids to the shooting sports and hunting....Hope to see some new faces this year.

Steve

President NWTF, San Diego chapter
760-803-4868

ps...Takes quite a crew to put this on....Anyone who would like to volunteer, please call me....All volunteers get t-shirts & hats.

.052.JPG039.JPG045.JPG009.JPG017.JPG024.JPG021.JPG016.JPG032.JPG010.JPG

Reactions: Dawnandusk
This is a great event Steve look forward to it every year. Rem and I will be there for the Tomahawk throw for you. Again great event,if you haven't taken the kids make the call and sign them up.

Just a reminder that the sign-ups start tomorrow....Great event for kids (and parents) that want to learn the shooting sports and knowledge of the outdoors.

Hope to hear from a bunch of SCH'ers with children.....:blush:

Really fun day and I wish more parents would get their kids involved in this event...A big shout out to Escondido Fish & Game Assoc., Robert Yakamonis, Jaimie Duenas, Gemini Mfg, North County Fiduciary, Brett Scott (willow Creek Archery, Alabama St. Athletic Club, and all the volunteers that make this happen....Thanks guys

.067.JPG013.JPG021.JPG024.JPG028.JPG034.JPG055.JPG056.JPG

Last edited:
Had a great time with the kids a the BB gun range thanks to David and Jim for helping out. Great job leading the charge as always Steve!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought that was the best JAKES event I've had the pleasure of doing.what made this event so good for me is there is 1 kid named Conner and he is BLIND. I have been doing the Tomahawks for 5 years now and this kid has been at everyone. He was so close to sticking it this year maybe next. Talking to his dad he did everything,black powder ,22 bb guns and the rest
So glad for this event. GOD BLESS to all who helped

Last edited by a moderator:
Conner & his dad make it for me every year!
We tried really hard this year to get him a clay, he could hear them take off and got closer than in the past

Reactions: msailor and MAG 1

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu