Off grid power

ke1234567

Jul 24, 2018
Santa Clarita, CA
I recently picked up a Jackery 240 and Rockpals 100w solar panel. I recently used it while hunting. My friend used it to charge something for a few hours and battery dropped to about 60 percent. I plugged it into panel that was on my windshield for about an hour, and it was back up to 95 percent. Not bad at all.

Having apnea I have to have offgrid power for my CPAP machine if I want to stay in backcountry. I use a little sherpa 100 with an apnea machine the size of a soda can. It will last me two nights without a charge. Any longer and I would have to get a solar panel like yours....

So recently picked up a Euhomy 55 qt fridge. The Jackery 240 will keep up no problem with ideal sun conditions to recharge it back to 100% during the day. You'll want at least 50-60% to keep it going all night. Because of a cloudy day at camp, ended up picking up a Jackery 500. Here's both video reviews of it running off my 240.

Reactions: 180ls1
Agreed, however, I will say, the 500 is heavier than I thought it would be. Not debilitating, but it's not as easy to move/toss around as the 240. Has a little more heft. I'll be testing it out the rest of the month during AO season.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu