Off to the Sierra's

OCOutdoors

Oct 3, 2012
I will be leaving tomorrow evening to go up to the Sierra's to do some fishing and maybe try to bag a bear. Most likely will be staying at Silver Lake. Hopefully I can catch some larger browns and locate a bear. I'll have maybe 5 days to do all this. I'm going up alone but my wife and kids will meet me up there for the weekend.

Be safe. Packing a bear back to the truck woun't be easy alone. Take lots of pics to share with us too.

I'll be using my rifle. I might have a buddy tagging along now, I also told another buddy that if I get one he will have to haul us up there to help me out :D. I don't plan on really hunting hard for bear but if I see one I will try to get after it. I will be spending most of my time fishing. I do need to teach a bear a lesson though, back in 2010 one stole a deer out of the back of my truck and another raided my ice chest full of Mountain Dew last August, he had to be on a sugar high.

Well I'm back but didn't see a bear. Got some snow and rain but then it warmed up to 70 for the rest of the week. I stayed at Silver Lake Campground and when I woke up Monday morning and walked out of the trailer to go fishing I noticed that my passenger front door was wide open. Turns out that a bear found me along with some trail mix and Craisins in my truck. Truck was unlocked and he just opened the door and grabbed what he wanted without a scratch and I wouldn't have known if it weren't for the door being opened. Saw a couple paw prints on the door that was opened but no scratches just dirt from the ground. He grabbed the trail mix from the front seat, stepped up on my seat then onto my center console to grab the Craisins out of the backseat without ruining anything. Fishing was good and had a blast anyways, got to explore new areas that I hadn't checked out before. Saw lots of doe but only two spikes and a small forky.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu