Oh Ya' Al Pastor Tacos

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
I wanted to share this because it will work great with wild pork, deer, duck and elk. I have been wanting to make this for a while on the new pellet grill. Well, yesterday was a good day. I can't put it into words describing how flavorful and tender this was. Easy to make as well.

Credit goes to the link provided. hey-Grill-hey

I didn't have a Brazilian vertical Skewer so I made my own (I like it better than the ones available at the store).

Enjoy!

Brazil1.jpgBrazil2.jpg20210501_191312.jpg20210501_191300.jpg20210501_194127.jpg20210502_151219.jpg20210502_201234.jpgA1.jpgA2.jpgA3.jpg

OHHH damnnnn that looks good dude where was my invite again

Reactions: NBK
You my friend have outdone yourself! I have been wanting to try this for a while!! I picked up a smoke tube the other week after seeing your previous posts..used it for a tri tip and came out great..definitely a great add on for the pellet grill.

Ok sooooo why do we need to hire a taco guy for the SCH BBQ when our very own NBK can just do it :)

Reactions: Lungpopper
John, So do you think the pineapple on top serves a purpose and if so why and if it does why not more different fruits in between each layer? Just askin..

This is a guess Fred, but I think the pineapple juice dripping down helps to caramelize the bark on the outside. I have seen a few recipes where they layer bacon in with the marinated pork. The recipe I used did not lack moisture or flavor so who knows.

This is a guess Fred, but I think the pineapple juice dripping down helps to caramelize the bark on the outside. I have seen a few recipes where they layer bacon in with the marinated pork. The recipe I used did not lack moisture or flavor so who knows.
Just thinking that maybe the addition of layers of fruit of what ever sort in between might enhance whats going on. Also saw a post about using the run off juices to baste with and that sounds like it might be good idea as well.. I saw your home made rack tray and when that was mentioned I thought about a pizza pan turned up right with a skewer to catch juices and reuse. Just my mind going into overdrive I know from experience what you built was stellar...

I wanted to share this because it will work great with wild pork, deer, duck and elk. I have been wanting to make this for a while on the new pellet grill. Well, yesterday was a good day. I can't put it into words describing how flavorful and tender this was. Easy to make as well.

Credit goes to the link provided. hey-Grill-hey

I didn't have a Brazilian vertical Skewer so I made my own (I like it better than the ones available at the store).

Enjoy!

View attachment 48912View attachment 48913View attachment 48915View attachment 48916View attachment 48917View attachment 48918View attachment 48919View attachment 48920View attachment 48921View attachment 48922
That is very creative! Thanks for sharing. I'm off to Home Depot.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu