ok thanksgiving is over who's going hunting

Suburban Adventuress said:
Mazilla I thought that might be a Silver Pigeon, beautiful gun and nice take! I didn't know we had any pheasant to speak of round these parts ...

Thanks! I absolutely love that shotgun, I intend to give it to my son some day....but it's gonna be a while because he turns 3 on Sunday! hehe ;D

I'm beginning to think the same thing about the pheasant. :'(

mazilla said:
Light on the pics this time...my cell was dead most of the day. :-\

We were there for pheasant and quail but managed to kick up literally 100 or so ducks out of the most random spot. I dropped that Mallard off at the taxidermist too, first duck dropped with my Silver Pigeon and luckily it was a big mature Drake. We've only seen two pheasants since the opener(4 or so trips out) and one of which a buddy bagged on the 9th the other gave us the shake yesterday. We chased that mofo for 20 minutes and he managed to give us the slip...disappeared into thin air! sneaky mofo...

They will always be at that spot. Someone I know only hunts that kind of stuff

I went out to the valley with friends for pheasants, doves, quail, etc. We started at a promising field (we saw 2 roosters fly into it), but just as we started into our 2nd sweep through the field, the landowner told us we couldn't hunt the fields (busted a hen on our way out of it). We worked some other fields and ditches, and put up about 6 hens total for the day- no roosters. We got 3 limits of doves on Friday.

DSCN0279_zpsc83d3979.jpg

Saturday morning I started at a pond, where I only saw a single duck (besides ruddies), and it was very high up. Worked some fields and ditches in a new area, no luck. Shot a 2 mourning doves, a Eurasian, and a pigeon, and called it a weekend.

mazilla said:
Mazilla I thought that might be a Silver Pigeon, beautiful gun and nice take! I didn't know we had any pheasant to speak of round these parts ...

Thanks! I absolutely love that shotgun, I intend to give it to my son some day....but it's gonna be a while because he turns 3 on Sunday! hehe ;D

There's pheasant here

Sdbirds said:
mazilla said:

There's pheasant here

Haha, I know...

This was this year

20131018_123344_zpsce0700e5.jpg

Pretty common to be honest. im no hard core pheasant hunter

Damn I would love to get one. I'll wait on you braggarts to show me the PICS, then I'll believe you. ;)

Lol going down tonight not targeting them but Ill try to knock one down for you.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu