Ok, who dunnit????

Sep 26, 2012
Someone just had to go and use some off-color language, and now it looks like the good admins around here have had to kick in the anti-profanity programming. Now we can't use the words pass, bass, grass, class, crass, lass, sass, mass, Massachussets, etc.

Took me a few minutes to figure out what "bbut" and "pbut" meant.
:mad:

What are the libs running this show. This is america I can say want when I want while holding a gun and a beer.uncle ted would fly off the damn handle.

Ha! That's funny... I read "pbut" and had no idea... I just moved along thinking "wow his spell check must suck or I have no idea what acronym pbut stands for". Thanks for the "a-ha" clarification El Mat.

wackum stackum mackum said:
What are the libs running this show. This is america I can say want when I want while holding a gun and a beer.uncle ted would fly off the darn handle.

Please.... ::)

I just noticed it too. There are no libs running this show. I'm sure the admin will see it and address it as they see fit.

Wackum, I'm sure you can communicate on this site withought profanity right? I have a tendency to drop F bombs on a regular basis but its not necessary here. Despite what you think, people get in trouble all the time for saying whatever they want whenever they want...

El Matavenados,

Thanks for the heads up. We have isolated and fixed the problem. The profanity shield has been up since day one on this site. We want the site to be kid friendly...and it is. Nobody has had a challenge with this thus far.

Here is what happened:

We upgraded the software yesterday to the latest revision (this is a good thing - Security etc.). Some fields were reverting to default settings. The Profanity program was set to catch partial and whole words. We have changed it back to whole words only so the changes in general should be transparent again.

We are sorry for the inconvenience,

Your SCH Staff -

Oh good. Sorry for making butumptions. Glad I didn't start any real finger pointing and character butbutination. Wouldn't want to butault people's sensibilities- wouldnt be Clbuty. A pbuting comment can stir up big controversy sometimes.

Haha, just messing with you.

El Matavenados said:
Oh good. Sorry for making butumptions. Glad I didn't start any real finger pointing and character butbutination. Wouldn't want to butault people's sensibilities- wouldnt be Clbuty. A pbuting comment can stir up big controversy sometimes

Haha, just messing with you.

Always a wise-guy in the crowd! ;D

This thread gave me a good laugh. Thanks El Matawhatever .

BuckHunter said:
This thread gave me a good laugh. Thanks El Matawhatever .

I'm here all week! Thank you! You've been a great crowd- Buy my DVD!
Now where's that video about vegetable gardening?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu