Open Faced Venison Sandwich (compliments of BD Outdoors)

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
Open Faced Venison Sandwich (compliments of BD Outdoors)

Ingredients
• 1 Medium venison tenderloin
• 2 Tsp. Spanish Paprika
• 2 Tbsp. Canola oil
• 3 Fresh figs sliced ½ inch thick
• 1/2 cup fresh goat cheese
• 4 Tbsp. fig jam or fig puree
• Your favorite bread or roll
• Salt & Pepper to taste
Directions
Roll the tenderloins in Spanish paprika, set aside for at least 15 minutes. Sear the venison in a medium skillet, turning once. Cook to medium rare. Remove from pan and wrap in aluminum foil to rest.
Lightly grill the fig slices, until just warm, set aside.
Let the goat cheese come to room temperature, place it in a small blender and process with the fig jam or puree until combined. A splash on chicken stock can be added if the consistency is too thick to spread.
Construction
On a slice of hardy bread, I like to use rye, but anything with a bit of weight to it will work.
Spread the surface with goat cheese mixture.
Unwrap the venison and slice thinly across the grain (this helps to make it tender).
Place a couple layers of venison on the bread, arrange a layer of grilled figs on top and then drizzle more of the goat cheese mixture over the top. Salt and pepper to taste.
I have served the sandwich with roasted radishes. They are delicious. Just place them with a little oil in a roasting dish at 350F, depending on the size they will be ready in about 30-minutes. Toss in a little pepper and sea salt. Roasting radishes completely transforms them from a crunchy peppery vegetable to a nutty, softer cousin. You cant help just popping the whole thing in your mouth…so make heaps!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu