Opening Morning

Ajsnack

Jun 5, 2012
San Diego
Went out this morning for the D16 opener, did not see any deer. I should have been carrying my shotgun instead of my deer rifle. Saw about 50 quail and a few Chukar. A couple guys out where i was at said they only saw one doe. Tried to take some pics of the quail but they didnt come out very well. If i would have been carrying my shotgun I would have been on here talking about the pictures of all the deer I saw.

I didn't make it out today. My huntin' buddy got beat up at kick boxing class and didn feel up to it. Went to the P2K range and put 40 rounds through my .300 now I'm beat up! Going out Sunday afternoon. I like the idea of a report from the field. Maybe I can get one in then. Oh, and, good hunting everyone!!

I had an amazing day for the opener in D16. Saw 3 does at first light then the wind started blowing and that killed the hunt. Fortunately I moved to another area because of the wind and saw a big 3x3 and a 2x2 and a doe. Sat in a field for the last hour of light and the 2x2 came out. Shot and missed. Open sights on my mosin nagant at over 100 yds. Will get back out there as soon as I can. Just got a scope. Never making that mistake again. No idea how I missed that shot.

Just hunting with a Mosin Nagant is impresseive. I wouldnt want to haul mine around, let alone I cannot hit the broadside of a barn with my Mosin.

Hell..... I'd need to bring a gun bearer. I complain about my 5 pound Effect after a few miles. Get em'

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu