Opinions on $7-900 scopes

Moonshine

Sep 15, 2017
Florida
Looking for a new long range scope for a rifle chambered in 6.5 creedmoor. I don't want another vortex. I am looking for first hand experience with the following:

Nikon blackX1000
Bushnell Engage
Sightron S-Tac

I cannot handle or look through any of these locally otherwise i would be able to figure it out myself. Opinions are appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
For that price range you really can’t go wrong. I personally really like the Nikon X1000 and my eyes just like Nikon glass.

I just bought the Maven RS.1 this year but I pre-ordered it so I got it for just under 1k. If I would have been looking ahead I may have waited for the Nikon X1000 to save money for a very similar scope. However, I do love Maven glass.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Get a Leupold VX3 or better. American made and the best customer service around.
Sorry I don’t have an opinion on the other scopes.

I have not used any of these Scopes.
However I was reviewing the specifications and customer reviews.
Did you know all these Scopes are second plane reticle.
That means the windage and elevation adjustment Has to be in certain magnification. If it is adjusted In the wrong magnification it will Be adjusted incorrectly.
Look for first plane reticle.
It can be adjusted in any magnification.
Price is decent an has above average reviews. Some complaints about clarity issues.
According to the specifications these are not rated for long range. But for Medium range.
Search Rex reviews on you tube. This guy knows his stuff about rifle Scopes.
LB

Last edited:
The best deal going by far right now are discontinued Zeiss HD5s at 3x15x42 which can be had on amazon for 699! They were $1100 scopes. The have the RZ 800 reticle which matches up very precisely to the Zeiss computer app which has every factor load in it. And it’s customizable for hand loads. Serious quality for little money. JMHO

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu