OTC/DIY Public Land Idaho Bruiser

TopBuck

I despise granola heads!
Aug 1, 2011
The new Vortex Razor spotting scope paid dividends, my son and I scored this buck on the second Saturday of the general season, i spotted this buck as he was heading up a deep drainage to his bed a mile or so across a river, we watched him until he disappeared in to a patch of willows, we had to strip down to our chonies to cross the river and went after him. Ive been on a lot of kills over the years and this one was without a doubt the best! Not a bad 1st year for us here in Idaho! Still have Elk tags to fill until mid November.

Attachments

• photo-33.JPG
    photo-33.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 160
  • chonies.JPG
    chonies.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 161
LOL Looks like Tyler was busier than a one legged soccer player in that river. :D
Hey Tyler nice buck. But from the story I heard. Dad gets all the credit.

I can't wait to move there next year. Stellar job on getting the boy a brute and the work ethic you guys have is top notch. Excellent job

TopBuck said:
The new Vortex Razor spotting scope paid dividends, my son and I scored this buck on the second Saturday of the general season, i spotted this buck as he was heading up a deep drainage to his bed a mile or so across a river, we watched him until he disappeared in to a patch of willows, we had to strip down to our chonies to cross the river and went after him. Ive been on a lot of kills over the years and this one was without a doubt the best! Not a bad 1st year for us here in Idaho! Still have Elk tags to fill until mid November.

congrats to your son
nice looking buck :)

Holy Smokes ! Nice buck Tim ! Tell your son congratulations.

Thanks guys, here's a couple more pics. Save tighty whitey comments.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    994.8 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg_thumb.png
    image.jpg_thumb.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 68

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu