Out of town for a few days

BuckHunter

“Venison” It’s what’s for dinner!
Feb 3, 2011
A customer of mine has work in Tulsa OK so I'm out here for a few days. It was a Monday morning and everyone was talking about their weekend hunts like it was the day after super bowl. Its great being around like minded folks for a change. Not like home where you keep quite or here, You Did What to a Deer !!!!!!! I need to move.

Re: Out of Town. for a few days

Be safe out there man ! When u get back and after I get back from Idaho.... Then we got pigs to find man! I leave saturday in the AM I proly won't get service but all send u pics as soon as I do on my way home ! Hopeful to get me a big 4x4 wwith eye guards ;)

I know you will be working but have fun out there

BuckHunter said:
A customer of mine has work in Tulsa OK so I'm out here for a few days. It was a Monday morning and everyone was talking about their weekend hunts like it was the day after super bowl. Its great being around like minded folks for a change. Not like home where you keep quite or here, You Did What to a Deer !!!!!!! I need to move.

If people say, "You did what to a deer", I tell them exactly what I did. I'd happily explain why I do what I do and encourage them to try it out. I have found that most people that I know that don't hunt, are still intrigued by what I do.

Over the last couple of years I have introduced an uncle and a few cousins to hunting. It took some coaxing and hand holding at first but once they got involved, they have regretted missing all those dove and duck openers. I don't ever see them hunting big game but at least they get it now.

Lots of people talk about moving out of this state because they don't like how liberal it is or the hunting laws/ restrictions. Thats an apathetic approach in my opinion.

Lots of people talk about moving out of this state because they don't like how liberal it is or the hunting laws/ restrictions. That's an apathetic approach in my opinion.

And then there is OneArizonaBowHunter who said he was going to leave the state and hunt...Oh ya, he did! ;D

I had to look that one up. ;D

ap·a·thet·ic/ˌapəˈTHetik/
Adjective:
Showing or feeling no interest, enthusiasm, or concern.

I don't no if its that I have no concern for our state. I have gotten a handful of friends into hunting over the years. It's just nice being in a culture where hunting is the norm rather than taboo. The same reason I like chatting with everyone on here and not PETA.com.

BuckHunter said:
I had to look that one up. ;D

ap·a·thet·ic/ˌapəˈTHetik/
Adjective:
Showing or feeling no interest, enthusiasm, or concern.

I don't no if its that I have no concern for our state. I have gotten a handful of friends into hunting over the years. It's just nice being in a culture where hunting is the norm rather than taboo. The same reason I like chatting with everyone on here and not PETA.com.

I totally hear ya. I killed an antelope in Wyoming one year and had blood all over my pants. Went out to the lunch and the only questions I got were, "Did ya get one?" and "How big was he?" It was a cool feeling. Its not like that in a lot of places in California, especially Southern CA.

If liberals are able to make it so difficult to hunt in this beautiful state, it won't be without a fight from the hunting community. Can't just give it to them. Just like you said in another post, become a member of CBH to support their efforts....

in pennsy they close the schools down for opening day...mostly not for the kids not showing up but because the teachers would call in sick..!!! also on the local TV news they have a deer report and if u bring your filled tag into a tavern...first drink is on the house....AWESOME

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu