Palm Fronds Needed at SJ - Next Blind Brush Up Late July

fish dog

Apr 28, 2015
Johnson City, TN
I spoke to Tom earlier today and he wanted me to pass on that they are starting to collect palm fronds for the upcoming blind brush-up days (should be late July and August - exact dates to still be determined). Tom says anyone who is trimming palm trees and wants to bring them around to San Jacinto to get rid of them to give him a call at 951-236-3040 and he'll make arrangements for someone to be there so you can drop them off. He also wanted me to remind people that they DO NOT want the fronds that have the thorns on them. Don't bring the wader-rippers but other, non-thorny palm fronds are welcome.

Thanks in advance for any palm fronds anyone can bring in.

screen-shot-2015-07-28-at-10-30-00-am1-version-2.jpg

Mexican fan palms are no Bueno unless they have been trimmed (they're actually quite good. if the spikes have been trimmed off)......Queen palms are the ticket.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    581.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 15
Any day but the 23rd I can drive up to help. Anybody that needs a ride I can grab them on my way if they're interested.

OK..........Unless Tom calls me and tells me different..........JULY 30th is the day.

He said that most all the blinds need new material......So start saving those palm fronds.

More details closer to the event.

ilovesprig said:
OK..........Unless Tom calls me and tells me different..........JULY 30th is the day.

He said that most all the blinds need new material......So start saving those palm fronds.

Queen and king palms, right Steve? No fan palms?

Like Steve said unless something changes. I Just spoke with Tom and he told me the next blind brush up day will be Saturday, July 30th. I believe it will start at 7 AM at the check station lot but I'll have more details I will post in a separate thread soon. Just wanted to get the date out there so people could make plans to attend ASAP.

Bonejour said:
ilovesprig said:

Queen and king palms, right Steve? No fan palms?

Yeah Don.......Although the coverage is better with fan palms......You just need to cut the spikes/thorns off before taking them out to San J.....Cutting is easy, if they're green.

OK.....From start to finish with Mex fan palm fronds.....It took about 45 minutes to get enough to do probably 2 blinds.....Make sure you cut while fresh & green.

ps.....Wear gloves....lol

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    722.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    1,014.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    612.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    547 KB · Views: 12
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    437.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    449 KB · Views: 11
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    630.7 KB · Views: 10

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu