Patos & faisanes

MJB

Nov 20, 2012
San Diego
Good shoot on Saturday with lots of blind retrieves for the dogs in the lagoons. The pheasants are holding tight in the tulies lots of good dog work to get them up......this is my favorite time of year down in Baja.......lots of tailgate pictures to come

Second picture is from Sunday at lunch quick limit in one good ditch!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 35
I'm guessing Mex? Gawd it would be nice to get into pheasants with regularity!

If in Mex and close to the border, are you seeing any water impacts as they line the canals on the US side?

No they do the same on the MX side infact more of their bigger canals are lined than in the US. Lots of water on both sides of the boarder.

the lining of the all American canal did hurt the ground water extraction that the Mexicans were doing. Outside of that local area there is no change.

might sound dump, but are you allowed to just go down there and hunt or what? From what i know there are places like guide services you can go that provide the guns for you, but is there anyway you can bring your gun over and hunt? Whats the deal with it?

Yes and no, you can DIY but it's tough to get to that point. Some groups like mine are not open to new guys. You have to be sponsored.

You can register your own guns and that's pretty simple.

For people I do not know I point them to my outfitter Bajahunting.Com and do a guided hunt with no worries. See if Baja is for you first

Simply awesome! The little over achiever looks beat!

Nice work Mark...

Aeon said:
Yes and no, you can DIY but it's tough to get to that point. Some groups like mine are not open to new guys. You have to be sponsored.

You can register your own guns and that's pretty simple.

For people I do not know I point them to my outfitter Bajahunting.Com and do a guided hunt with no worries. See if Baja is for you first

Rad thanks for the info ill check it out forsure!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu