PC Tablets & Game Cameras

longbowhunter2

Oct 16, 2013
on the mountain
OK guys I am looking to get a PC tablet.. and I am trying to keep it under $100 . I found one at office depot . but it uses a micro SD card. instead of a full size SD card.
would it be possible to upload the pictures from the camera to the PC tablet using a USB cord.
the cards I have in my cameras are the full size Sd card and not the converted type with the micro.

I would like to use the PC Tablet because it's wifi compatible. take pictures, and I can surf the net at work & home. so it has a dual purpose.

I use a net book to download my trail cam pics to. There are lots of ways to do it but I use a USB SD-Card Reader. You can get them at Target or Wal-Mart for around $5. Take the card from the camera and slot it in one end and plug into your laptop USB port and copy the file over.

ttrose said:
I use a net book to download my trail cam pics to. There are lots of ways to do it but I use a USB SD-Card Reader. You can get them at Target or Wal-Mart for around $5. Take the card from the camera and slot it in one end and plug into your laptop USB port and copy the file over.

sweet. I picked up my netbook today. I want to be able to store my game camera pics.

Thanks
Ghost

Get this if its micro usb
http://www.amazon.com/Host-Adapter-Reader-Samsung-Galaxy/dp/B00CYARTL2

Get this if its full size usb
http://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-MicroSD-Reader-Writer-GFR204SD/dp/B0046TJG1U/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1409866858&sr=8-6&keywords=sd+card+reader+for+usb

well picked up a micro USB SD card reader(Cosmos) at fry's , it has the standard & micro USB connectors. the thing works fine with my PC , but my tablet does not recognize it. So I will have to take this back and order one from on line. The tablet is Android OS , the Cosmos is stated compatible with Android smartphones and Tablets. I needed this thing for tomorrow's opener here in San Diego. It was the only one at frys. well may check walmart or bestbuy today.

Ghost

well it has become clear after tech support this tablet sucks. so taking it back and try a newer version. cosmos card sd reader worked on my partners phone and it works great on my PC. tech support said this tablet does not support USB with OTG cable. so back it goes tomorrow.

Ghost

I use these with my micro sd cards in my game cams and can view on my tablet, phone, or comp with no issues.
gytyre7a.jpg

G791

if I knew up from I would have purchased these Micro SD cards. but I allready have the std SD cards installed.

but Thank You for the Advice. Hahahaha if known earlier.

I wanted something light so I could back pack it in. take pics, import pics, listen to music, hook up to a small external flash drive or ext micro hard drive to access or store data. then at home be able surf the web with the WIFI settings.

I picke up a new tablet made by APEX. it works great. it's compatible with USB stuff,

it was only $10 more bucks than the Toshiba so I basically upgraded. I am set.

that reader works great and it does the job . my partner has one as I mentioned above I wanted multi use.

It's camera, it's tablet that views videos or plays MP3 or equivlant. I can hook it up to my big stereo to play music.

this one does not have HDMI port , but Iam OK with that. I could probaly use a gender changer.

I can use it with the cosmos SDcard reader (from Fry's Electronics) I can upload the pics from the game cameras.

I am having fun playing with this thing, so fun for now.

Ghost

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu