Pellet Grill Recipes

Meateaters YouTube channel has some good pellet grill / smoker recipes. I just saw a smoked trout recipe on there. Also let us know when the bbq is! :yum Hope to have a freezer stocked like that one day!!

Not a smoker expert but have done a simple trout with just sea salt, pepper and some rosemary sprigs inside and out the cavity at about 180-200 for a couple hours. Goes great on a bagel with cream cheese and onion.

Also used to make a lot of Big Island style smoke meat. Usually would use wild pig or pork butt so I'm not sure how a leaner red meat like elk or deer would work. Marinade in soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and a bit of lemon juice overnight.. then smoke at 200-225 for a few hours. We eat it as a breakfast meat usually.. slice and pan fry with onions, some honey and a dash more of soy, good with some eggs and rice. Boom I'm hungry now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Not a smoker expert but have done a simple trout with just sea salt, pepper and some rosemary sprigs inside and out the cavity at about 180-200 for a couple hours. Goes great on a bagel with cream cheese and onion.

Also used to make a lot of Big Island style smoke meat. Usually would use wild pig or pork butt so I'm not sure how a leaner red meat like elk or deer would work. Marinade in soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and a bit of lemon juice overnight.. then smoke at 200-225 for a few hours. We eat it as a breakfast meat usually.. slice and pan fry with onions, some honey and a dash more of soy, good with some eggs and rice. Boom I'm hungry now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
That sounds great. Will definetly try it with something. Thanks.

I don't use a pellet smoker, but have a freind who does. He controls the speed he feeds the fire. The thing works great. I personally use a Weber with different hard woods.
The smoke flavor in it self makes what ever you cook delicious.
I generally like two methods
Marinade or season.
I am partial to liquid smoke, soy sauce, onions, light garlic.
Parsley, Rosemary, the smoke enhances the flavor.my best steaks
Come out delicious.
Basically hot smoke my steaks or fish. So cooked and smoked.
Except it does not work well for
Wild birds like pheasant.
Dutch oven for rabbits, quail and
On. Or crock pot.
Generally I make how I feel that day.
It's all good. Add or subtract spices
You like. Barbecue sauce at end so doesn't burn. But generally like it with out. For fish I use the accessories to hold the fish
And prevent it from falling apart.
Smoke flavor is great. Or yes coat with butter and a little olive oil.
To you taste. Dove and rabbit is so lean fat has to be added. Be bacon,
Olive oil, coated with lots of butter.
If not it turns into a rock.
Best
LB

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu