Pete Rose Passing

RIP to the hit King. Pete competed no matter the game. He earned everything he accomplished on the field. Everyone has their own downfalls and imo no way should MLB have left Pete out of the HOF. He paid a high penalty for his actions, and hold him out for a long time okay. but he had earned his place for his play and the right to see it before his passing.

I still have my little league pete rose addition baseball glove. From when i was a kid. So its gotta be almost 50 yrs old.
I loved the Dood, but Pete gambled on baseball which could of had a influence on outcomes of games. He got punished by not getting into the hall of fame. He knew better but still did it. Sad but he deserved what he got. Banned. My 2 cents

Dustin,

My brother in law played with Pete in Cincinnati...He said, he was the best guy on the team and one of the few that would associate with rookies.........:blush:

In every clubhouse I ever played in there was a big sign stating that if you gambled on baseball, you would be banned...Pete knew this...Despite that, and IMO, he should have been in the HOF a long time ago...Baseball writers and their ilk suck with the mentality of the "Power of the pen"........:mad:

RIP Pete.................:pensive:

Crazy that a friend and I were just reminiscing about this after a Padres game a couple weeks ago. Pete had a friend here in CV whose son played onour Rangers little league team at Parkview LL. I was coaching 3B during our playoff game and a controversial play happened, which put our fans in a frenzy. The umpire came over to me and said that if we didn’t get the fans under control we were going to forfeit the game. So I walked through the gate and over to the stands and tried to calm everyone down. One guy was still standing behind home plate jawing with the umpire through the fence, so I walked over to him and put my hand on his shoulder to get his attention. He turned towards me and it was Pete freak’n Rose! In complete shock, I told him that he had to calm down or we were gonna have to forfeit, so he walked back to the stands. We ended up losing the game, but Pete came out and gave the team a humorous pep talk and then signed stuff for everyone (I still have a Texas Rangers hat signed by Pete Rose). Word quickly spread around the fields and before long everyone was lining up for an autograph! Pete stayed for quite a while and signed stuff.

Rest easy Charlie Hustle!

Here’s a short clip from his pep talk:

Lets see, Mike Tyson spent six years in prison for rape, I think that is worst than betting. He committed mayhem, he took off part of Holyfields ear, twice. Then he went back to boxing and made millions more. he will likely go into the international HOF. Does that seem fair. Yes he should be in HOF no doubt in my mind. I understand he broke the rules, but he was the GOAT, IMHO.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Dustin,

My brother in law played with Pete in Cincinnati...He said, he was the best guy on the team and one of the few that would associate with rookies.........:blush:

In every clubhouse I ever played in there was a big sign stating that if you gambled on baseball, you would be banned...Pete knew this...Despite that, and IMO, he should have been in the HOF a long time ago...Baseball writers and their ilk suck with the mentality of the "Power of the pen"........:mad:

RIP Pete.................:pensive:

Well said, Steve.

I remember when I was playing and seeing how gentle the punishment was for the guys using steroids (and it was still rampant 12 or so years ago). Looking back now, with a little age and wisdom, that type of cheating lines pockets of the higher ups, where gambling risks the higher ups $$$. It's not a shocker why Pete got crushed. Follow the money....

Last edited:
Well said, Steve.

I remember when I was playing and seeing how gentle the punishment was for the guys using steroids (and it was still rampant 12 or so years ago). Looking back now, with a little age and wisdom, that type of cheating lines pockets of the higher ups, where gambling risks the higher ups $$$. It's not a shocker why Pete got crushed. Follow the money....
And someone stole 16 million from a player and he didn't know. Huge coverup

And someone stole 16 million from a player and he didn't know. Huge coverup

I would suspect he is worth billions upon billions to the league. What he has done for sales, viewership, fan base, the overseas market and everything else would make a guy pretty untouchable. Absolute cash cow.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu