picked up archery this year, never hunted...

muuzilla

Nov 4, 2013
Just started shooting a bow this year and am looking at putting some meat on the table. I'm in the high desert area and trying to get everything done to hunt this weekend in the San Gorgonio and Big Bear area (if I can do the 4 hour in person safety course by than...online portion is done).
Any info would be appreciated (seen the replies earlier by longbow and must say thanks for that info)

i will assume that you have your gear dialed in,

Just go out and have fun. Odds are you will not get anything but do not let that get you down. Go wander the woods! maybe go hike on some established hiking trails and just look for sign. Do not get lost! make sure you have some kind of gps to help you navigate your way out. Tell someone where you are going. make sure your cell phone has a full charge. Find the food and find the deer :)

Go have fun.
U can have fun with out making a kill. That being said killing is very fun. DONT GET BUMMED OUT

muuzilla said:
Just started shooting a bow this year and am looking at putting some meat on the table. I'm in the high desert area and trying to get everything done to hunt this weekend in the San Gorgonio and Big Bear area (if I can do the 4 hour in person safety course by than...online portion is done).
Any info would be appreciated (seen the replies earlier by longbow and must say thanks for that info)

You are welcome.

like everyone else said before me.
as someone else said on this board most of the time it will be a nature hike. when I hunt,
I take my time to notice what is the forest has to offer. Read all you can stand from the tips offered here.& from the internet. with time you will become one of the pro's here. It take lots & lots of patience. work the areas with lots of deer trails, & that have lots of tracks & sign. enjoy yourself. I missed that when I quit for a while. I am glad I'am back at it. It has revitalized my health, I lost 20 lbs from hiking & eating right. so there are other healthy side effects. It's a never ending learning curve.

LBH2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu