Pig down

Sdbirds

You can't kill it from your couch.
Jul 9, 2012
El Cajon
I hunted Tejon ranch that place is so rad. We had 10 guys stayed in the cazdor cabin. We shot 8 pigs and I got my first. I got a deal and still almost didn't go because i didnt want to spend the money but i would have spent alot more to go again. I got my first and the smallest one of the trip booo ya

Also saw tons of elk and tons off deer

Attachments

• JohnnySCHpig.png
    JohnnySCHpig.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 211
  • JohnnySCHpig2.png
    JohnnySCHpig2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 215
  • JohnnySCHpig3.png
    JohnnySCHpig3.png
    2 MB · Views: 217
mse said:
Nice tejon is addicting, cant wate until next year.

I'm going to go back soon although I don't like all the rules but I do follow them. I like to shoot yotes could have got a few

Strong work on the swine Johnny! What rig were you shooting?

Aaah. I shot my three largest pigs ever with a 270. Excellent choice. What kind of rifle and optics?

Leupold
Remington 760. It's old and its slide action. I only shoot pump shotguns so I can shoot that thing very fast and on target

Good to hear the pig's are moving.

I'm headed to tejon May 31st to hopefully take my first pig !!!

Congrats

There were some awesome kills and stalks mine was the best. I walked at least 100 yards. That's right I said 100 yards. As I crested the ridge there she was. I didn't see any piglets so I took aim. I made a great shot she was at least 65 maybe even 70yards away then my shot connected right there she died.

Also last day of the hunt i was holding out for something big I hit the last part of the day so all those passes I started to regret lol next time

I really wanted to go on that hunt sounds like a good time from what I heard that pig might been the smallest of the trip but two years ago my dad got his first a tiny 50 pounder smallest of the trip 130 ain't bad for a first pig though

D16hunter said:
I really wanted to go on that hunt sounds like a good time from what I heard that pig might been the smallest of the trip but two years ago my dad got his first a tiny 50 pounder smallest of the trip 130 ain't bad for a first pig though

Your dad got a good one. we did a drag and didn't get back till 10:30 pm we thought people would be worried. Then your dad and Matt showed up at 1:30 am Finnishing up a deathdrag

Ya he told me it was nice pig and Matt thought he was dying draggin out the pig i also heard some pretty funny stories bout that trip

Dang SD ,

You got a good deal, i have to send my check out Monday ..... 500 bucks!

How many people were out there on the ranch for that hunt?

stikbrandon said:
Dang SD ,

You got a good deal, i have to send my check out Monday ..... 500 bucks!

How many people were out there on the ranch for that hunt?
We had 10 only saw one other guy

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu