Pig hunting, Santa Barbara

Larry Cochran

Utah Buck 2010
Jan 8, 2011
Alpine, Ca
I am hearing that Santa Barbara has a large hog population in the mountains. Does anyone have any info on areas to hunt there? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Larry

Been up there quite a bit but most are on private property. IMHO of you plan to drive up there, hunt FHL. There's been a good number of hogs taken the last few weeks.

Good luck!

I am asking for a friend of my wifes that is taking a group to Santa Barbra and has no idea on where to go. I told him to get a map of the Los Padres National Forest to find legal hunting land. I have sent him a few links and areas that are reccomended to hunt for pigs. I think he is going to have a rough time going to a new place and no one in the group has any real hunting experience.

This is what is reccomended,

Wild Pigs:
Some suggested hunting areas in the forest for Wild Pigs are: Chew’s Ridge, Upper San Antonio and the Arroyo Seco River drainages on the Monterey Ranger District. For more information about these areas, call: (831) 385-5434. The Pozo/La Panza area on the Santa Lucia Ranger District (805-925-9538) and the U.S. Army installation at Fort Hunter Liggett (831-386-2506) also offer good prospects for Wild Pig hunting.

Thanks,
Lary Cochran

I would suggest them to try the pozo and la panza area for the best luck in the lpnf. When I used to hunt there with the dogs I did pretty good, much better then our local hogs.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu