Pig hunting

g.clark21

Aug 21, 2012
I'm a 21 year old college kid who got into hunting when I was 19. Been hunting a few times up in CNF for pig. No luck as of yet, but any good pointers from anybody is always appreciated.

Look for water. Most of the seeps have dried up now so get deep in the canyons and try to find water. If you find pig sign close to water right now they wont be far away.

Pig hunting the CNF is definitely challenging as they are scattered and not that many are here, I believe they have scattered because of the pressure that has been put on them. The feds are working on a plan to eradicate them before they reach a tipping point and really start to reproduce. The local sightings where I live near lake Henshaw have really fallen off in the last two years.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu