Pig scouting

Feb 10, 2015
I live in Corona and have heard a few people talk about there being pigs up around Ortega Hwy. Can anyone confirm this? I would like to start going out and practicing my stalking and tracking skills but don't want to waste my time in areas where there are no game that I'm looking for.

Aeon had a pretty good report a year or so ago... ;)

http://southerncaliforniahunting.com/huntersforum/index.php/topic,5503.msg37805.html#msg37805

There's no such thing as wasted time in the field. Do some background reading on tracking and scat ID, get yourself a map and get outside. That's my idea of the American Dream ;)

Bonejour said:
There's no such thing as wasted time in the field. Do some background reading on tracking and scat ID, get yourself a map and get outside. That's my idea of the American Dream ;)

I always have my GPS on. I sited my rifle in last weekend and in the process was able to find new access to an area that before I thought would be a 3 mile hike. I have started treating every trip like a scouting trip it is fun and my quiver of areas is growing bigger and bigger.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu