Poway Lake with SCH this morning

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Well, it wasn't exactly red hot, but the time spent with John & Mike was well worth the 2 miles of walking the shoreline...My kind of a morning stroll... :blush:

ps...No fish on Senkos...Serious east wind makes them tough to fish...Keeping in contact with your lure is so important...So, Texas rigged Robo worms were bait of choice.

.005.JPG009.JPG

So fun...Good excersize and amazing company. It has been a long time since any of the three of us have fished the lake. Crystal clear deep water and treacherous banks made for a sporty morning. Both Steve and I both fell on our butts at one point or another during the morning. Mike came out unscathed. A day of fun, no doubt. Another adventure in the books.

@NBK and @ilovesprig , guys Iv switched away from the Texas rig to the Shaky head with a 7” plastic. Keeps that tail up off the bottom for cold water bassin

@stikhow is the rig tied? Os it different than a whacky rig?
@NBK

this rig has got popular over the past few years and really does a number in cold deep water. its bassicly a standard jig head with a 45 degree flat top won the bottom of the jig head and it has a screw to screw the tip of the plastic in so it doesn't shift. Then you rig the shank like a Texas rig (weedless). Look at the pics below .

E198C817-74E3-4957-BA31-3FCFA6B99E4E.jpeg
630F3202-5D21-4D4D-83C9-76A53E80DCCB.jpeg

That is pretty cool. Thanks for the tip. I will try them.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu