Project Pastrami

I just through on the "prime" New York Roast from the famed Ramey's Meats (on left). It has been loved with a stiff coating of "Hard Core Carnivore" and then a sprinkling of "Heffer Dust". Plan to pull it off at 110° for a 30 minute rest in the cooler, then 700° temp on the gas grill with sear plates for the finishing touch.

20210404_160341.jpg

Reactions: ilovesprig
The New York roast came out amazing. Maybe the most tender piece of meat I have ever eaten. The pastrami stalled @ 155º. Just finished wrapping in butcher paper. Waiting game..190º is the goal.

The pictures of the New York below. So far the Bull has been operating flawlessly! I will post results of the pastrami tomorrow morning. Tomorrow afternoon bacon is going on...another post will follow.

Newyork1.jpgNewyork2.jpgNewyork3.jpg

My phone is clearly broken I missed the invite text.....

Love pastrami on the smoker. It does not last long around my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NBK
Pastrami turned out epic! Pulled it out at 190° and put it directly into a sealed container and into the refrigerator (@ 2:30 AM). Put it in the cutting board this morning. Could not be happier. Full flavored and tender. Need to shop up a meat slicer now!

20210405_114925.jpg20210405_104120.jpg

Everything I put in the smoker or on the BBQ gets wrapped up put in container and in the frig. overnight. That really helps the meat/fish absorb the flavor.

Did you say meat slicer??

This is what I have, Beswood 10” I’ve used a few commercial grade slicers like Hobart, and this thing is pretty close to commercial for home use. It’s a little spendy, but damn, does it work good! 1/2” to paper thin.

Reactions: TRICER
Keep us posted which one you like better. Mine was a gift, and I couldn’t be happier with it. I’ve done pastrami, roast beef, corned beef, and lots of cheese. Oh, and watch that blade. That mofo is SHARP!

Reactions: Morgan1776 and NBK

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu