Property-specific restrictions?

jsheffer2004

Sep 16, 2020
San Diego County
Hi All,

Looking for promising spots around SD county, and I'm seeing many of the Wilderness Areas have specific restrictions on season and/or method of take. Many of them, like Hollenbeck Canyon, specify no rifle or pistol use. Does anyone know whether this includes airguns? The section heading specifically calls out firearms (which for the purposes of CDFW doesn't include airguns, I think). But, I'm not sure and would appreciate any insight you all can provide.

I just don't want to get any flak from FW out in the field.

Thanks much.

I think I understand what you are asking. Since Hollenbeck canyon does not allow for firearms, I don’t believe an air rifle would be a problem since it is not a firearm. If you are using it to hunt, just be sure the animal(s) you are hunting are legal to take with an air rifle

Reactions: Crosman999

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu