Public land duck hunting

Johngray361

Nov 12, 2018
so I know of some blm land that butts up to some water that I was curious about trying to duck hunt. The blm line runs into the water a distance as well so it says its in the blm border. Is there any regulations saying that I couldn't do that area. Also this is my first year ever duck hunting so I'm trying to stay legal the best I can, but getting draw for a hunt isn't looking to good this year so trying to just get my feet wet. Thanks for any info yall can provide.

It depends on the body of water but as a blanket statement BLM land should be good to go

so I know of some blm land that butts up to some water that I was curious about trying to duck hunt. The blm line runs into the water a distance as well so it says its in the blm border. Is there any regulations saying that I couldn't do that area. Also this is my first year ever duck hunting so I'm trying to stay legal the best I can, but getting draw for a hunt isn't looking to good this year so trying to just get my feet wet. Thanks for any info yall can provide.
Should be zero issues if it's BLM. Glass for ducks or just set up and hunt it. Don't tell another soul where it is unless you see birds then PM me the info.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu