Public land pig success!

Brian marable

Nov 22, 2017
Temecula
Had a blast last weekend up in Northern California trying to get on some pigs and boy did we get lucky! Got up there Thursday night plan to stay until Sunday afternoon! Saturday morning After An uneventful Friday thinking I saw a pair of coyotes turned out to be pigs about 650 yards away! Pretty good sized group with about five or six pigs! Close the distance after running down a vertical mountain to 350 with a close haircut shot we closed the distance another 200 yards and missed again! Later that afternoon after a lunch break and re checking our zeros About an 8th mile from the truck the entire group was sitting in a mud puddle we lined up western style and started sending em! 4 pigs down 4 tags punched! Day 2! My buddies timmy, darren and zach!11201148-0C5E-44F2-B17E-9F74D5BB69B3.jpeg9CE35412-6325-4522-8A89-62AFE77A5107.jpeg0F8280D0-11A4-46E6-A6CD-2978E3CBADF1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a blast last weekend up in Northern California trying to get on some pigs and boy did we get lucky! Got up there Thursday night plan to stay until Sunday afternoon! Saturday morning After An uneventful Friday thinking I saw a pair of coyotes turned out to be pigs about 650 yards away! Pretty good sized group with about five or six pigs! Close the distance after running down a vertical mountain to 350 with a close haircut shot we closed the distance another 200 yards and missed again! Later that afternoon after a lunch break and re checking our zeros About an 8th mile from the truck the entire group was sitting in a mud puddle we lined up western style and started sending em! 4 pigs down 4 tags punched! Day 2! My buddies timmy, darren and zach!View attachment 48955View attachment 48956View attachment 48957
Great work, congratulations

Reactions: Brian marable

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu