Purchased licences and got in the draw!!!! what did you put in for?

Gspman

Dec 2, 2014
North LA county
Hey all spent a bunch of money getting my wife son and i all licensed up for another year of hunting.

At the advise of tafthunter We all put in for g3. chances are not good but if we draw it im somewhat familiar with the area and love it up the 395.

my son put in for J14 and A31 for his first archery season as well as a second tag OTC of d11

My wife and i also got d11 OTC. we live 2 minutes from the Forrest gate and i really know the area so we wont have to travel a long way to scout and hunt

What are you applying for and what are you buying OTC

If you can make sense of the below list this is everything I applied for myself and my wife. The tag printed out about three feet long. Thanks FFA for helping me get this done I highly recommend going to FFA to get your tags and license.

2016 Applications
Hunt TypeDraw StatusParty #/ MembersChoice #Hunt CodeHunt NameDid I Win?Alternate #Notification LetterHunt Info
Bighorn Sheep
Pending
Zone 1 - Marble/Clipper Mountains
Deer
Pending
X9A
Zone X9A
D16
Zone D16
Elk
Pending
Grizzly Island Period 5 - General - Antlerless
Fundraising Tag Drawings
Pending
FR562
BIGHORN SHEEP FUNDRAISING DRAWING
Fundraising Tag Drawings
Pending
FROZ
OPEN ZONE DEER FUNDRAISING DRAWING
Fundraising Tag Drawings
Pending
FR460
ELK FUNDRAISING DRAWING
Fundraising Tag Drawings
Pending
FR700
PRONGHORN ANTELOPE FUNDRAISING DRAWING
Pronghorn Antelope
Pending
Zone 3 -Likely Tables Period 1 - General - Buck

Drew, you've got quite a season ahead of you if you draw a quarter of those tags.

Drew, that looks like my 2015 application. Hope you draw! This year they also happen to be offering elk SHARE hunts. I drew two SHARE hunts last year and it's a great opportunity to see some great country. Fall can't come soon enough!

I look at the elk, Pronghorn, and sheep as buying points if I draw it would be a miracle. The raffle is only $6 a species so why not. I am also applied in NM for Oryx and Pronghorn. I am buying points in AZ for Elk, Pronghorn, deer, and sheep. You can apply in AZ in two weeks.

Here's a previous thread where I listed all out of state application deadlines:
http://southerncaliforniahunting.com/huntersforum/index.php/topic,9261.0.html

Put In for x9a. Probably shoot for a g-10 letter when the time comes

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

For Me:
Deer X9a/D6 - 4pts ( should draw )
Elk Gizzly Period 5 - 3pts
Sheep - Point - 3Pts
Antelope - Point - 3pts
Bear Tag
2 Pig Tags
Wife:
X9a/D6 - 2pts ( my party, should draw )
Elk - Point - 2pts
Son:
J10/J16/D6 - 1 pt
Elk Grizzly Island P1- 1 pt
:)
Sheesh- Could chase Elk in Colorado for what Ive spent in this state, Oh wait, I will chase Elk there too :)

I've got D16 and waiting to purchase 2nd tag for A22.

Also have Idaho bow tags for any deer/elk archery for the whole month of Sep.

A busy fall/winter!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu