Quail hunting in condor zone

fordfan1

Sep 5, 2012
San Diego
I'm headed up to Creston next week which is just south of Paso Robles in San Luis Obispo county for some quail hunting. I know that it's in the california condor zone but what I'm wondering is am I allowed to use lead shot for quail? I thought the lead ban up there was just for rifle ammo.

You need to use steal peter switch out to an improved cylinder it will pattern close to a modified choke

Thanks everyone for your help. I ended up calling DFW in Fresno because I was getting mixed answers from everyone I talked to and the lady said that upland game birds are not included in the ban. I'm glad I don't have to wory about switching to steel. Thanks for your help.

The new law passing by Jerry Brown outlaws all lead at the latest by mid 2019. Hopefully we can get someone to make a change... and hopefully it doesn't happen sooner than later...

"This bill would instead require, as soon as is practicable, but by no later than July 1, 2019, the use of nonlead ammunition for the taking of all wildlife, including game mammals, game birds, nongame birds, and nongame mammals, with any firearm. The bill would require the commission to certify, by regulation, nonlead ammunition for these purposes. The bill would require that the list of certified ammunition include any federally approved nontoxic shotgun ammunition. The bill would make conforming changes. The bill would provide that these provisions do not apply to government officials or their agents when carrying out a statutory duty required by law.

The bill would require the commission to promulgate regulations by July 1, 2015, that phase in the requirements of these provisions. The bill would require that these requirements be fully implemented statewide by no later than July 1, 2019. The bill would require the commission to implement any of these requirements that can be implemented practicably, in whole or in part, in advance of July 1, 2019."

Get all the huntin in while you can. Even shotgun hunting is probably going to get expensive in the coming years. Could you image $2 a shell?!?!

Make sure you post up your catch FordFan1

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu