quail pheasant and dove oh my

Aeon

just a dude who duck hunts
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Feb 16, 2011
Hunted the LCRA this weekend with my friend dave. As normal the birds were thick. Lots of cotton so my dog is ripped up but she had fun. Got my mx cell phone so now I can post while down here :)
this was friday am
20131018_123344_zpsce0700e5.jpg
This is from sat am. Both the dog and I are just a tad beat up. Going out to shoot dove here in a few
20131019_111834_zps29bc5069.jpg

I'm down about 45min south.

tomah said:
great job, you scored! i went to estelle mountain and didnt see diddly squat

What side did you go to? North or South? I posted something a while back about some giant almost black ones I saw on the SW side off Decker Canyon (residential side).

8SteelTown said:
tomah said:
great job, you scored! i went to estelle mountain and didnt see diddly squat

What side did you go to? North or South? I posted something a while back about some giant almost black ones I saw on the SW side off Decker Canyon (residential side).

whats up 8Steeltown, I was cruising the north and south east of the entire area. there were a couple cars parked up high on the ridge. i couldnt tell if they were hunting or just camping as they used their 2 cars to hold up a tarp and were probably just hanging out. my 10x50's just werent enough mag to see them. i seen another guy with a thick thick beard and his son cruising the hills i was on too, but it didnt look like he seen anything either.

That place gets hit hard. It's on the DFW website advertised as a quail huntable location so it's always got lots of people on it. I've never seen quail actually on Estelle Mountain. It's adjoined to the North by a shooting range as well TONS of weekend shooters. Sent you a pm.

8SteelTown said:
That place gets hit hard. It's on the DFW website advertised as a quail huntable location so it's always got lots of people on it. I've never seen quail actually on Estelle Mountain. It's adjoined to the North by a shooting range as well TONS of weekend shooters. Sent you a pm.

that might explain why I heard shots coming out of the north east. shots didnt occur until 10am. PM'd back

Nice chickens............... Now get home and defend your big buck title!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu