Question - do non shooters need a type A wildlife pass?

Dave3006

Nov 26, 2019
I have a #16 reservation for SJ on the 1st. For the first time ever (15 years), my wife wants to go along just to watch. Do I need a wildlife pass for her?

Has anyone else ever done this? Any tips for an enjoyable experience?

Thanks.

No. The type A pass has nothing to do with the vehicle. As hunters, every hunter needs one. But, my questions is if NON HUNTERS also need one.

Non Hunters don’t need a pass. They DO have to get a free, non Hunter permit at check station and keep it with them in the field.

He/she checks in with you and asks for the non Hunter permit and then can go in with you.

As far as tips taking wife for first time:

be sure she has the appropriate clothing, gloves, hand warmers…etc so she is comfortable. Also appropriate footwear -boots or waders. Hat, beenie.

take her favorite breakfast bar of good items - along with thermos of tea, coffee. Whatever. Extra water for her yoo

if I have a female with me, I also take along a ‘female urinal’. It’s a Plastic container you can buy that makes it easier for a woman to go versus squatting in bushes. You can buy at medical supply shops and online probably too.

when you sense she is ‘done’… leave. Don’t overdo it first time out. Focus on her and the conversations you’ll have. Get birds too, but if you want her back out later… make it about her this time out.

enjoy

As far as tips taking wife for first time:

be sure she has the appropriate clothing, gloves, hand warmers…etc so she is comfortable. Also appropriate footwear -boots or waders. Hat, beenie.

take her favorite breakfast bar of good items - along with thermos of tea, coffee. Whatever. Extra water for her yoo

if I have a female with me, I also take along a ‘female urinal’. It’s a Plastic container you can buy that makes it easier for a woman to go versus squatting in bushes. You can buy at medical supply shops and online probably too.

when you sense she is ‘done’… leave. Don’t overdo it first time out. Focus on her and the conversations you’ll have. Get birds too, but if you want her back out later… make it about her this time out.

enjoy

Smart program right here.

ngl, we can be a rowdy bunch, but this one was weird.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu