QUESTION ON BALLISTIC COEFFICIENT???

This is why the iPhone app isnipe is fun. You can lookup and see what changes do :)

Ok 30-06
165gr tsx at 1800 fps and coefficient g7 of .1898
At 500 yards it's at 1776 fps and 1156 lb

165gr nosler ballistic tip 1800 fps coefficient g7 .2372
At 500 yards it's at 1961fps and 1409 lb

4" less drop

I went to the Nosler book and the Barnes book. Used 3000fps @140-150 BC's at 500yrds @ 13" difference
@ 480-490 BC's at 500yrds @ 1/2" difference

It is a known fact that Barnes overstates there BC. Remember that BC effects all areas of flight not just bullet drop. Also bullet manufacturers use differing mathematical models to calculate their BC. So it is tough to compare true BC between two different manufacturers published BC's. You really need two Chrony's to calculate.

You have to take all the hype into account and then do the work, long range shooting (extreme ranges require more than knowledge of distance.) I cant even begin to broach the subject without thinking about altitude, humidity, wind, bullets and velocities etc... I think we would all like too kill anything we see at any distance but my real world experience tells me that its something you need to learn and practice before taking to the field.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu