Question??

Shmee22

Apr 19, 2014
Is it legal to carry two weapons while out in the field? For instance can I have my bow strapped to my pack out backpack while I have my rifle in hand? Might be a dumb question but I seriously have no idea.

Sent from my iPhone

I thought no rifle with bow...

§354. Archery Equipment and Crossbow Regulations.
(h) Except as provided in subsection 353(g) of these regulations and in Section 4370 of the Fish and Game Code, archers may not possess a firearm while hunting in the field during any archery season, or while hunting during a general season under the provisions of an archery only tag.

Right I meant for general. I figured for archery season rifles aren't allowed. So as long as the tag is a general season tag I should be ok

Sent from my iPhone

Correct. During general season almost anything goes as long as it's legal for taking deer.
Quite a few people carry side arms at the same time too.

yea general take 20 guns as long as legal one for every finger and toe. I ALWAYS carry a side arm when ever im hunting except birds.... :p

uplandfam said:
yea general take 20 guns as long as legal one for every finger and toe. I ALWAYS carry a side arm when ever im hunting except birds.... :p
haha. 6uhama5e.jpg

Always carry a side arm while hunting? I've wondered about that. Regulations state that you can't carry a side arm while bow hunting ( archery season or AO tag). Has anyone talked to DFG on this? I understand they don't want someone shooting a deer with a 1911 and sticking an arrow in the bullet hole but what about self defense? Down here we have mountain lions, coyotes, snakes...

During general season only. You can't legally carry any type of firearm during bow season.

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu