Questionable deer hit, thoughts???

Cobra

Aim Small --> Miss Small
Jan 4, 2015
In HB of the OC
Hey Guys,
Shot this whitetail with my hoyt/spitfire last November in Kentucky. Deer was at 20 yards and I was high in the tree so at a steep angle I feel like it was parella with me, what do you guys think of the shot? After shot ran 10 yrds and started walking away. It was raining good and we waited 6 hours so no blood to follow... Never found it but then I get this pic.

This is a pic of the deer a month later, I got from the guide looks like he's doing well but has a whole in his shoulder...

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    516.3 KB · Views: 36
that's pretty insane cant believe he lived after a shot through the shoulder, pretty crazy how tough they are!

Could just be a graze across the top of the shoulder. Hard to tell without seeing the other side of the deer. He is healthy enough to take a defensive stand against the other buck in the pic so he'll be fine

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu