questions about area around Ranchita????

S

stikbrandon

hey guys i got a quick question,

have anyone of you guys hunted around Ranchita heading out towards Borrego springs?

if so have you ever seen deer or yotes out there ?

and is that area even D-16 or is it D-19 ????

ANy suggestions on audio yote callers?

thanks guys

If I'm looking at the DFG map right, Ranchita pretty close to the D-16/ D-19 boundary. Looks like D-16 is south of the 78 but I'd be careful, a lot of that is the Anza Borrego Desert State Park. The DFG map is not very detailed. I'd probably get a state park map to know exactly where the boundries are.

What are you hunting? You mentioned D-16/ D-19 but then e callers. If your coyote hunting, the deer units don't matter. You can hunt coyotes anywhere its legal to hunt.

As for the callers, I've never called but my buddy uses a Foxpro and has quite a bit of success.

the area that we plan to hunt is on private property that my dads buddy from work owns...... im thinking the property is south of the 79 and my dad says it butts up too some blm land which i think is probably state park land.

we are gonna go out for deer and if we see some yotes on the way back to the truck, im sure we will be throwing rounds at them.

the owner i guess told my dad theres dear out there......

iv only driven threw ranchita some years back and i cant quiet remeber what it was like out there.
have you guys ever herd of anybody that has pulled any deer oot of that area ???

Get yourself a Cleavland National Forest map.It has every trail, road, gate, and path on it. It also has the boundry lines for national forest,state park, indian land, BLM, rec areas, private land inside the state and fed land, each diff piece of land is color coded. Its my fav map for hunting and it will keep you out of trouble. You can get one at the forestry office or on line.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu